The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles~ Gandhi
On 140th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi I just want to express how much he means to me...but I just realized how tough it is write on him, not because there is not enough to write but I feel so short of words, I feel I am not doing justice to the magnitude of his personality or his influence or his skills or his intentions or his determination or his will power...almost seems like he aced in all aspects of life. In other words I just be short and honest in my expression.
It has been a little over 10 years...from the time I made an attempt to know Gandhi...and the more I knew about him, the more he amazed me...and it has come to a point where I always feel he is with me although I have never met him... more like a guiding star. For me he lead the most ideal life realistically possible.... well its impossible for anyone to even be close to how BIG a life he lead but it surely helps to look up to someone with such totality.
His methods involved so much intelligence, madness, truthfulness, originality and uniqueness that there is still much to learn.... hope we can use some of it to deal with present day issues such as corruption, illiteracy, poverty and religious intolerance. I still believe he is as relevant in todays world as he was before... Well it up to the individual or the society how much they want to extract, but non-violence and truth (the pillars he stood on) will continue to hold the same significance as they did ever before.
For me he will always be my HERO and my guiding star, and I have no words to express how thankful I am to him. He simply continues to amaze me and he always will...
1 comment:
What I like most about Gandhi, is a very different kind of leadership he practiced...
Without having any influence of wealth, power, he was able to make people listen to him and follow him.. not just few thousands.. but millions of them.
Post a Comment