Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Table For Six Billion, Please...


A mere co-incidence...I was in restroom and I started flipping pages of a magazine called The Sun, no clue whatsoever it was. I started of reading the very first article without much expectation, as I needed something to kill time. But in few minutes, I realized that this is no ordinary article...titled Table For Six Billion, Please-Judy Wicks On Her Plan To Change The World, One Restaurant At A Time...The article was posted in Sun magazine's Aug 08 issue.

Through this blog, I would like to share the article with you all about Judy Wicks, her vision and her plans. Her commitment towards safe environment, world peace, and vision for community business is just incredible. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. Reading about people like her is very inspiring and gives us hope that amidst so many wars, so many religious disparities, there are still people who DARE to think big and beyond and believe in One World One People....

Here is link to the article
Table For Six Billion, Please... Quote
I once had a dream of going into a restaurant and instead of asking for a table for two, I said, “Table for 5 billion, please.” Now it’s 6 billion and growing. That dream was a vision of a world where everyone has a place at the table, politically and economically, and enough to eat. We can accomplish this not through economic and military domination, but by communication and understanding.

No comments: