I could not think of a better day to write about my personal feelings for my dad than today...I also could not think of a better present for him than penning few lines expressing my deep connection to him. In a world where almost everthing is so quantified and measured in terms of 'how much' and 'how many', the LOVE for our parents, is something which cannot be measured and thats what makes it priceless, unique, oceanic, infinite...in what ever way you want to express it. Few hours ago I happen to meet Martin (the owner of the house where I currently stay) and he pulled up a text message he recieved from his son, and I could tell in his eyes and from the glow in his face how much those few lines meant to him. Yes he was a proud Daddy. None of his achievement or glory can be compared to what he felt after getting that text from his son.
In this fast paced world where we strive for bigger and better life, its these priceless moments and unselfish love which DEFINES us, everything else keeps changing forms be it a big house or plasma TV, or fancy car just to name a few...
I still remember the words my Dad said to me when I was about to board my plane to US in 2003 'Rahul make the country proud'...I don't know if I am living that expectations but those words have been the driving force for me ever since. Those words reflect the way he sees life in general. As I am growing older, I am starting to realize how many sacrifices he made all throughout his life to make sure we get the best education and best life we could ever ask for. I still remember he would work extra hours after work, and would return home very late..and at that time I was not very happy that he gets home so late and everyone else dad come early but now I realize that he was trying to meet extra costs for our education and other needs...The more I understand life, the more he becomes my Hero...I only wish I could be like him one day. I am very lucky have him as a father, as a teacher, and as a friend. Whatever I do in life, I owe it to nobody but him.
If you happen to read this Papa jee, you are the best and I miss you all the time!! Wishing on this wonderful day to you and all the Daddys in the world, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
1 comment:
you have written such a wonderful thing and i really appreciate your immense thoughts and intense feelings which you showed in these words.I know it is not very easy to express the feelings but u did.we are very grateful to GOD to have a father like him.
Post a Comment