Monday, May 18, 2009

Congratulations!!

I attended the graduation of 2 of my colleagues/friends on Sat...I have worked with them for the past few years and we have all shared some tough times together. It was amazing to see them going to the podium and finally receiving the doctoral degrees. It is definately something to really be proud about. In the 2 sessions I attended, out of hundreds of graduates, there were just 5 and 9 PhD recipients, so yeah it felt very special to know that out of those 14 recipients, 2 of them are my close buddies.

In these years, I have come to realize that there is so much more to PhD than just about being intelligent and applying smart skills.  It is as much a physical, emotional and mental test as any other long processes in life...and to come out of it in flying colors deserves big cheers.

While my friends were receiving the degrees, my mind reminded me that the day is not far when I will replace them on stage and my family and friends will cheer for me. I can't wait to see that day but for today, it totally belongs to Cha and Jimmy...opps Dr Cha and Dr Jimmy...

Congratulations!! 

No comments: