Keep up the good work, you clearly see opportunity in these difficult times...BRAVO Mr Obama.
"Life continues to be a mystery too great to understand. I only know that I cling to it. I fear its cessation- death. I dread its diminution- pain. I seek its enlargement- joy." - Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Laureate(Peace-1952) My title Haapakuchi doesn't mean anything, and is representative of my ignorance to endless things that I do not understand, and is the motivation to my quest for learning.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sometimes we have made mistakes...we not perfect
'Sometimes we have made mistakes...we are not perfect' said Obama while he sat down with Hisham Melhem of Al-Arabia(a Dubai based Arabic TV channel) for his first exclusive interview after taking office. Of many positive steps his administration has taken thus far with in a week in office, which includes closing of Guantanamo Prison, lifting restrictions on gov funding on groups that provide abortion services, moving forward enormous package to stimulate the economy, freezing salary caps for white house employess making more than 100k, defining strict ethics code, promising high level of transparency, I felt talking to arab media and expressing his opinion and plans to deal with middle east was the most significant and sends a strong message to the moderate muslim world. During his interview he showed his willingness to listen to the problems of middle east and look for peaceful solution. When muslim community had lost complete faith in the western leadership and had started disliking americans if not hating, this comes are a BREATHER....and they certainly see some of their hopes come alive. A lot remains to be seen, but it is definitely a GOOD START.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
RP, I am really excited to see the kind of change that he can really bring about in terms of influencing the 'attitude' of America towards other countries in the world.
He has come at a stage when there is simply lots to be done and you can't expect a tougher leadership position than this i guess. The only respite is that there is no impending war that he has to manage.
Post a Comment