Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Randy Pausch-The Last Lecture

I have not been very active in blogging for the last few months, and it came to a point that it sarted bothering me....so let me start my blog journey again, and would like to talk about Randy Pausch....My friend Ujjwal forwarded me his very famous an hr long speech called The Last Lecture sometime back. I never did well in listening to an hr long speech before and I was not very positive about it too.One day I was bored, so I thought lets just see what this is about, having no optimism that I will finish it. Well I have to admit I was simply bowled over, and an hr seemed like few minutes and I wished he talked a bit more....I am attaching the link to that speech .

From extrenal links, more about it,
He gave his "The Last Lecture" speech on September 18, 2007 at Carnegie Mellon. Pausch conceived the lecture after he learned that his previously known pancreatic cancer was terminal.[3] The talk was modeled after an ongoing series of lectures where top academics are asked to think deeply about what matters to them, and then give a hypothetical "final talk", with a topic such as "what wisdom would you try to impart to the world if you knew it was your last chance?" The talk was later released as a book called The Last Lecture, which became a New York Times best-seller.



It is truly inspiring and deals with, what chasing real dreams is all about. At the time of the speech, he knew that he is not going to live long as he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer....and that made the speech so much more special.

Unfortunately he died of cancer on 25th July 2008. His body left the world but such always remain in spirit; thier message and their work, keeps inspiring millions. My salute to him for being such an asset to the world.

Here is more information on him at Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Pausch
and this is his official webpage http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

Thanks for reading and I hope you will enjoy the speech as much as I did. I would like to thank my friend Ujjwal for sharing it with me.

No comments: