Thursday, October 25, 2007

Indian Ocean Music

'Indian Ocean' my all time favorite music band will be performing LIVE in Dallas on Nov 11th 2007 at SMU campus in Dallas. This will be my 4th time I will listen them live. I can't wait to see them again and feel so excited about it. Last time I had to drive all the way to Austin. Every time it has been a experience in itself. I am usually not a very big fan of Dallas but when something like this happens I feel really grateful. My room-mate in my undergrad days introduced me to their music 7 years back and since then there has been no stopping. They do not play the contemporary form of Indian music but are more innovative and quite unique in their style. It's hard to describe what Genre they fall into, but they always manage to strike amazing chord with western audience (more of the ROCK side). They use a lot of instruments and not too much vocal, and as they say music has its own language.

All I know is that in the last 3 times I saw them perform live, I did not see any disappointed face, if was in fact the opposite.

Wikipedia did a very good job in explaining their music and the band in general, here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_(band)

Below is their official site and you might get a preview of their music, by going to Albums/Album Name http://indianoceanmusic.com/

Below is the information about the upcoming concert in Dallas http://www.meraticket.com/contents/moviedetails.asp?eventId=790

2 comments:

Vinay Puri said...

cool, I love indian ocean too, but how to buy there stuff?

Rahul Gupta (RPG) said...

well the easiest way is to attend their concerts and buy either DVD or their CD's. I read that you can get it from iTunes...check if they are playing in your area anytime soon, usually when they come to US, they perform all across US.